Within the first 7 days or 700 kilometres from the date of purchase, whichever comes first, the actual purchaser or retail lessee may exchange an eligible Highland Pre-Owned for another Highland Pre-Owned Vehicle of equal or lesser value with the selling Dealership for any reason – if not completely satisfied with the purchase.
If the purchase price of the vehicle being traded for is less than the purchase price of the vehicle “being returned,” the purchaser will receive credit for the difference. If the purchase price of the vehicle being traded is more, the purchaser will pay the difference.
Vehicles must be exchanged with the selling dealer and be accompanied by all used vehicle purchase or lease transaction documents, including the sales contract/lease agreement, license and registration.
Any vehicle returned under this process will be inspected by the Dealer for damage and excessive wear and tear.
The “Agreed upon Exchange Value” will be used in determining the exchange value to be applied to another vehicle.
- Vehicle is a fleet purchase or fleet lease
- Vehicle is to be used for livery, taxi, or delivery services.
- Customers who have previously exchanged a vehicle under Highland Pre-Owned One Time 7 Day or 700 Km Exchange Privilege within the past 12 months.
- Highland Pre-Owned vehicles that have had accessories installed (e.g., radio or alarm system) unless installation was performed or sublet by the selling Dealer.
- If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned.